Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Quest for Veggies

For lunch at work every day, I eat meat/protein, fruit, and veggies.  Some days I splurge with a carb, like rice or pasta.  Today, I brought chicken (cooked with cream of mushroom soup), a tangerine, and homemade corn soup.  My splurge for the day was an avocado; I love those things!  After one taste of my soup, I realized that something was... not right.  So, I tossed it and went on a search for a veggie.  My quest had begun.

The cafeteria was closed because school's not in session.  The bookstore had sandwiches, but no fruit or veggies.  I walked to a taco shop across the street, and they didn't have any vegetables (except for toppings for their tacos).  So I came back, having failed at my quest.  As I was giving up hope, a coworker's boss said that he was going to Del Taco.  Ah ha!  Please get me a small salad, with their house dressing.  Yes, my quest will be fulfilled!

He calls later and says they only have a taco salad.  Uh, no, not what I was looking for.  My quest was lost again.  Then I talked to someone from IT about my computer, which has had a non-functioning program, and he couldn't help me.  This is after calling Dell for 3 weeks, spending HOURS on each call, and getting disconnected almost every time that I try to get to a supervisor.

Needless to say, with Shiny still having her software problems and my lack of veggies, I fell to the dark temptress of chocolate.  My supervisor said that it's almost like a vegetable, since cocoa and sugar cane are both plants.  Hmm.  I like his kind of logic.

In the end, my quest was fruitless, and Dell has infuriated me, but I got chocolate so I'm good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment