Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Conversation with IT Guy from Work

Note: IT Guy (ITG) has a somewhat thick accent.  I think he's from Egypt. He's soft-spoken and uber-polite.

Me:  Blah blah blah, the boxy thing that shows all of my files, Explorer or something, crashes when I use the web editor, blah blah.

ITG: I've actually never heard of that problem.

Me: So I'm special?

ITG: [apologetically] No, you're not special.

Me: What, I'm not special?
ITG: [nervously, and with some stammering]  No, no, you're very special.  Uh, I'll come over right away and see what I can do.

Super-sweet IT guy.  He's fun to poke.  But it's always at my expense, or I'm overly nice to him.  I'm not the kind to play on someone's niceness or different social skills to be mean.

BTW, he never figured out the problem; Windows Explorer is still crashing on me when I'm updating our website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment