Saturday, April 9, 2011

Addicted?

Last week, I was feeling really behind on packing for an upcoming move.  So I told myself that I wasn't going to go to the gym after work.  I would go straight home and back. 

Well, on Monday I did go straight home.  But then I went on my 3-mile run.  I  hadn't ran in awhile, and didn't want to lose my momentum!  It took less time than it takes to go to the gym, so I did have time to pack that night.

A few days later, I figure that I'm on-schedule for the movers (after I postponed them a few days), so I decided to go to the gym.  I did pack some that night.  But I also turned on the first season of Heroes.  OMG, I love, love, LOVE that show!!  I watched for 3-4 hours into the night.

Now, the Heroes is not really an addiction.  I mean, I can stop anytime that I want.  And even if it is, I only have a couple of discs left.  And I'm not watching past the first season because everyone tells me that it gets bad.  But the gym, or working out in general?  I told myself that I wouldn't! But, then I did.  Sure, circumstances made it more feasible than I had predicted, but still?  Being addicted to exercise is definitely one of the best addictions to have, and I love being lazy enough that I'm not concerned that I'll take it too far.  It still makes me wonder if my interest is more like a compulsion, or more me being responsible (rigid?) in trying to meet one of my goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment