Friday, April 15, 2011

PoF Adventures: Not Interested

I'm on the dating website Plenty of Fish (PoF).  I got on it because my ex-boyfriend said  that it the biggest dating website.  Sadly, you can say that you are interested in women or men, but not both.  I had it on women for a long time, but was only getting pretty butch women to contact me.  I switched it to men, and have had better luck.  I'm not attracted to many of the guys who message me, but it's nice to get contacts.

I've learned a few things about PoF. First, if you have a profile picture of you in Disney ears, eating a Micky Mouse ice cream, guys suggest that you go on a date to Disneyland. I finally had to put in my profile that I'm not actually a fan of Disney.

I’ve also learned that guys follow whether you’ve messaged other people. As soon as I sent one response, I started getting all of these other inquiries. This one guy seemed attractive and active, so I responded back. First, I’m actually suspicious of attractive guys contacting me. I figure they’re just trying to get laid. Not only is this totally discriminatory, but it sorta ensures that I end up with someone that I’m not attracted to! 
But this guy’s message was also pretty vague.  He said something like, "Hey, I like your profile."  So I messaged back, asking what in my profile he liked.  His two responses were that I lived near him and that I seemed to like simple things.  Ooooooookay.  Let's definitely build a relationship off of that!  But I responded, saying that I had moved so I actually didn't live that close.  He responded that that was okay.  That seemed weird to me because I just knocked out one of the two reasons why he said that he was interested in me; 50% of my interest should've been gone!  But I gave him my email address anyway, and then he messaged that *I* didn't seem interested.  Whatever.  I almost argued with him, but then just decided to let it go.  We clearly weren't compatible. 
Soon I'll post about another guy from PoF.  The dating scene is rough these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment