Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Small Town

I'm in a small town in central California for a job interview.  Friends who grew up near here told me that it was not a place that anyone chooses to live.  As I passed the prison going into town, I started to believe them.



My first impression of my motel was, "These people don't know how to park."  The room is nice, though.  There's a little room with a bed, a sitting area with a couch and TV, even a kitchen area with a sink, microwave, and mini-fridge.  You could live here!

Wait.  People probably live here.  That explains the woman with her laundry in the hallway...

There's no desk, so this is clearly not the kind of place for business travelers.  The couch was comfortable, until I started thinking of the thousands of strangers who've probably had sex on it.  Ew.

The duct tape on the A/C isn't really a good look, either.  But the motel staff is letting me check-out late, so that's good.



Tomorrow I will "tour" the town before my interview (trying desperately not to spill anything on my suit!!!), then walk around the campus.  I had wanted to take a run in the morning, but there's no fitness room in the motel, and I'm not sure that I'm comfortable (yet?) running through the town alone.  This does seem like the kind of town that has great diners, though.  May be instead of running, I'll go get a diner breakfast.  You know, before I put on my suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment