Thursday, December 29, 2011

Auntie Day 2011

I asked for breakfast for Auntie Day this year.  So, of course, my sister says we're having breakfast-o-rama (have "ama" echoing several times to get the full effect...)!  Because it's me (and her!), we set it for 11am instead of the actual morning.  It was highly encouraged to wear pajamas, but since my Mom and I stopped at stores on our way, we came dressed, then changed into pajamas.  My Mom wore this embarrassing grandma flannel nightgown; it was awesome.  I wore the one pair of pajamas that I keep at my mother's.  My nephew wore his new pair of skinny jeans.  I let that go because I think that he slept in them.  He loves those jeans!


It smelled so good when I walked in!  My brother-in-law, Joe, made gingerbread pancakes, cinnamon french toast, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage links, and sausage patties.  There were strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream for the pancakes, in addition to pure maple syrup.  Plus, they had gingerbread creamer for my fresh coffee!  It was a feast, a true breakfast-o-rama!

Me with a "taco" (gingerbread pancake with a whip cream filling!)

For a gift, my Mom got me the Settlers of Catan game expansion pack (yay!!!), and my sister is framing an anti-racist/peace craft project that my youngest nephew made.  Perfect for my day!

My sister was busy in the evening, so we didn't do Auntie Day activities.  But my brother(-in-law) did ask if we could play Settlers of Catan, which I just happened to have in my car!  So we played two games of Settlers!  That night, we had dinner with my cousin's family (and played Catchphrase).

It was a great day for me, a day full of family.  I am a lucky aunt, that's for sure!

1 comment: