Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday Plans in 2012

It's that time of year again!  It's cooling down, the pumpkins are out, and I'm getting older! 

My birthday is the one day of the year that I plan a do-nothing day.  Sure, there are other days of the year in which I'm completely unproductive, but my birthday is the day that I plan to be that way.

Usually, I try to watch a lot of Netflix and hope that someone will bring me food.  Sleeping in is mandatory, and napping is encouraged.  When available, spending some time in a jacuzzi is preferred over taking a shower. 

This year, I've decided to focus my relaxing a bit.  This birthday will be all about reading.  I want to be able to spend a whole day emersed in the books that I'm reading.  I might check out Mark Watches or Mark Reads, too.  That counts as reading!  I'm not sure if browsing Facebook counts as reading, though.  Hopefully there will also be napping, and there will probably be a little watching of Glee, but I really want to focus on the reading. 

I'm concerned, though, that I'll be reading student homework.  Or reading a textbook chapter in prepartion for a lecture.  That is not a relaxing birthday!  And it's totally productive!  How can I have a do-nothing reading day when I'm working?  So, hopefully I get my grading and lectures done beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment