Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spring 2013 Schedule

Although there might be one change, this looks like my schedule for next semester;

MWF at 10am:  Introductory Psychology
MW at 2pm:  Research Methods
M at 6pm: Human Sexuality
TTh at 9:30am: Introductory Psychology
T at 6pm: Child Growth and Development

There are several great things about this schedule.  The number 1 great part of this schedule is that I have no 8am classess!!!!!  My earliest class is 9:30am!!  No more getting up at 5:30am for Professor Oja!
The second great thing about this schedule is that I taught 3 of these 4 classes this semester.  So I only have 1 new prep!  That is so awesome, and will save me so much time. 
A third great thing about this schedule is that I actually get one unit of overload, which is basically overtime.  Per my contract, I get 15 units of classes.  Usually that is 5 3-unit classes.  But Research Methods is a 4-unit class, so I get overtime by adding that to my schedule!  Woot!  Apparently, that extra pay gets saved until the summer, and distributed when I presumably aren't working.  That'll really help out my summer savings!  If I teach a class this summer, I could be really set! 
With two night classes, I'll still get to call my friend Robert twice a week.  This is a fourth cool thing about this schedule.  I know Robert will agree. 
Oh, I just realized another thing!  I'll be done with classes at 11am on Fridays!  This a fifth great part of this schedule!  It'll make it way easier to go on trips.  Hello, my niece and nephews!  :)

The change that I'm hoping for is to take away the TTh Introductory Psychology class, and add the same class in a MWF schedule.  That way, both of my Introductory Psychology classes are on the same schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment