Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No Resolutions

I don't do New Year's resolutions.  They are so worthless.  If I want to change my life, I won't wait until the new year, and I'll have a plan, not a resolution.  A resolution is a promise, and promises, even to yourself, can be broken.  But plans are a series of steps to get to your goal.  And the best plans have contingencies when you veer off of them.  That's way better than a resolution.

Tonight, I found that I do have three wishes.  I'm working on all of them already, so they aren't resolutions.  I don't have great plans for most of them, though.  May be that'll be an upcoming post?  But for now, here are my wishes:
  1. Catch up with my work.  
  2. Lose weight.
  3. Become certain about my feelings for my boyfriend, and certain about the commitments I have or will make to him.
That's it! 

Hm.  They actually look somewhat more difficult when written out like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment