Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reward

In one of their "how to reach your goals" articles, SparkPeople said that a reachable weight-loss goal was 10% of your current weight.  And I've done it!!

Rather than just moving on to 10% of my now current weight, I thought that I should pause and reward myself for this accomplishment.  Reward is also part of their "how to reach your goals" plan.  But I'm having trouble deciding on a good reward.  They strongly discourage using food as a reward, so there goes steak, a nice dinner, or extra fancy cheese.  Here are some of my other ideas:
  • massage
  • facial
  • new clothes or shoes (except I don't really enjoy shopping)
  • extra TV/Netflix time (when?!)
  • yoga class package
  • travel/trip (and not just an extra visit to the family)
  • magazine subscription
  • Flat screen TV?
  • party?
  • Other?
What are your suggestions or votes for how I should reward myself?

And how did I lose my 10%?  I'm not exactly sure.  Right before I started losing weight, I started running 3 miles once or twice a week.  I also became single, so I didn't go out to eat as often, and especially missed out on diner breakfasts on Sunday mornings.  I also began teaching a class and taking a class, so I had much less time to workout.  Some articles on SparkPeople suggest that you can work out too much, or not eat enough for how much you're working out, so it is technically possible that by working out fewer times a week, I was able to lose weight.
So, really, I don't know what the cause is.  I'm continuing to run, I'm trying not to go out to eat with people whom I'm dating, and I'm trying to take at least one week night off from the gym.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment