Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weight-Loss & Rest

This is my last post in my weight loss series.  I undoubtedly have more to say, but this is it, for now!


Resting
  • Rest!  Working out every day is too much.  Your muscles need time to recuperate and heal.  One way to do this is to work different body parts on consecutive days.  That way, even if you work out two days in a row, you won’t be working out the same muscles.
  • Sleep!  You can’t work your body hard, try to keep it fueled, and not rest it. 
In sum
  • Losing weight isn't about losing weight, it's about being healthy.  And being healthy is about nutrition, activity, and recuperation.   
  •  And that takes prioritizing your health, planning, and staying consistent. 
  • SparkPeople.com, or a similar site, can really help you get on the right path.  The sites have developed way to educate their members, keep them involved, and keep them motivated.  Dive in and join the community, there are tons of features to help you!

I'm giving you all of this advice, but, honestly, jogging is what's led to my weight loss.  I’ve always had a relatively healthy diet, and I’ve worked out for most of my life.  But I hit a plateau every time, until now.  I now jog (and walk) 3 miles at a time at least once a week, sometimes twice.  I'm still working on jogging the whole time.  But if you try to work up to that (and beyond), then I'm confident that you'll start losing weight, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment