Monday, January 24, 2011

OKCupid Email

I joined OKCupid mostly out of competition.  I didn't want to be left out when my ex-boyfriend started using it.  I haven't had much luck on the site yet, but I do enjoy using the site.  It's fun and has some cool features.  The OKCupid blog has awesome research, too.

But I'm writing this post because I got this email from them that I just love it so much.  They realize that "straight dudes" can be annoying!  I, personally, haven't had any serious issues with icky guys, but I like that OKCupid is trying to take care of me.  So here's their email:

We've got a quick site improvement to share.
You can now hide your OkCupid profile from straight users. This means straight people can't find you in match results (even if they search for bisexual women), and they can't load your profile page.
Why turn this privacy setting on?
  • maybe you're not out to everyone yet
  • maybe you don't want straight dudes hitting on you
  • maybe you enjoy clicking checkboxes on web pages
All of these are good reasons to take advantage of this new feature.
Thank you for using OkCupid and please let us know how we can keep improving. Then tell your friends how sweet we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment