Saturday, June 9, 2012

Camp Pendleton 10K Mud Run 2012


  • Number of creeks to cross:  2
  • Number of walls to climb (with the help of Marines): 2
  • Number of Marines that I stepped on:  2
  • Number of Marines that I kicked in the face: 1
  • Number of industrial hoses spraying water on us:  2
  • Number of muddy ponds:  2
  • Number of hills:  too many to count
  • Number of muddy hills: 1
  • Number of injuries I sustained:  2 scratched knees
  • Number of fake boobies:  a higher proportion than most of my races
  • Number of minutes that the Camp Pendleton 10k Mud Run took me:  95
  • Number of minutes that I waited for my teammates so that we could finish together: 45
  • Number of times that a Marine yelled at me:  1 (in the shower line!)
  • Number of naps on race day: 3
  • Number of hours of sleep the night before:  4
  • Number of clever teams and outfits:  too many to count.  My favorite?  "The Mudder Games.  May the mud always be in your favor," with "Tribute" on the back.   
  • Number of times that I'll do another mud run?  Lots!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! On the waiting for others. 1. that you waited and 2. that you had to :)
    Glad you had fun. Those things always sound uncomfortable to me. Maybe because it's always 90 to 100 degrees where I live when they are offered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually was cool and cloudy in the morning, then got to the 70s towards the end of the race. The first hose was cold, but the hoses and mud baths were nice by the end!

    ReplyDelete