Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Schedule

At my current job, we work a 4/10 schedule during the summer.  My schedule becomes 8:30am to 7pm, M-Th.  This is the week that we switched to our summer schedule.

Luckily (?), I teach on Mondays, so I left at 5:30pm, so I got out of my first 10 hour day!  Let's not talk about the fact that I taught until 9:30pm, because then it'd be a 13 hour day...

Today, I voted.  Our contract (secured through our union), allows us two paid hours to vote.  I got up at my normal time (okay, okay, may be a few minutes later...   Not more than 15...), voted, stopped at Fresh and Easy to pick up salsa for a Mexican potluck we had at work, and got to work only a half hour late!  Oh, I also got a skinny iced caramel machiatto from Starbucks; it was right next to Fresh and Easy!  Anyway, although I did stay until 7pm, it wasn't quite a 10 hour day since I got there a little late.  And, really, the Mexican potluck took some time, too.

I went to the gym after work, and remembered that I get better parking during the summer!  But it's very discouraging to get home at 9pm.  Then I got distracted by The Big Bang Theory, and watched a half hour of that.  After flossing, brushing, showering, and getting ready for bed, I was only 15 minutes after my bed time.  But still, it sucks to get home and pretty much only have time to get clean.  

Tomorrow will be my first full 10 hour day for this summer.  And another trip to the gym, so I won't get home until 9pm again.  Ug.

On the bright side, I'm leaving three hours early on Thursday (a 7 hour day!) to go to a Cirque du Soleil  show.  I'm seeing Iris, and am excited.  It's my first CdS show, and I'm sure that I'll love the physicality of it, as well as the film theme of this show.  Plus, I got a Goldstar discount on the tickets!



Sorry, there's no pithy ending to this blog.  It really is just a pointless anecdote, a First World complaint about my work hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment