Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Bull

This holiday season has been rough on our family for a variety of reasons.  It seems like unfortunate events, some traumatic, some just hassles, have been following us this season.  So during the dramas I was reminded of the drama of living in the country.

After locking my keys in my car, I got home to a phone message from my uncle that he's seen a bull wandering around the area.  So we should not be surprised if there's a bull in our backyard.  What?  This does not happen to me in Orange County!  My mother wondered if we had to have a bull in our backyard every Christmas.  My sister really likes traditions.

I saw no bull while doing yard work the next day (also which doesn't happen to me in the OC).  But the next day, I saw it hanging out on the outside of the fence by my uncle's cows.  It turns out that cows are very social creatures, and that the owner had butchered his two friends.  So the bull just escaped to find some companionship!  I saw it hanging outside of the fence for a couple of days.  I think that it was making eyes at one  of my uncle's cows.  It might've been a steer, but I think that it was falling in love. <3 


Sadly, the owner decided that this last bull should be butchered, too.  :(  So my poor Christmas bull was put down.  We don't even eat steak for Christmas dinner! Ah, the drama of living in the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment